The River Oaks Theater: The Second Act

River Oaks Theater marquee
Photo: John Barrett

A little over a year ago, the River Oaks Theater shuttered for good, or so it seemed. There was a hefty community movement to halt the proceedings, but it all was - apparently - for naught.

However, there were stirrings in the metaphorical ashes. 


Thanks to Star Cinema Grill, it appears that the theater will rise again. That I can figure out, this is their first acquisition inside Houston’s Loop. If the new venture follows suit, patrons will have some mighty fine dining options as well as first run films. My assumption (well, my hope) is that these will trend toward smaller, independent films to answer that need.


The River Oaks Theater still has a page up and a sign-up for notifications. My guess is that there is an administrator for the page in contact with (or employed by?) Star Cinema Grill. 


I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled, for sure, and you can do the same. Get on the River Oaks Theater’s mailing list here: https://riveroakstheater.com/.


Note: Star Cinema Grill also has a mailing list, but - and I may be blind - I’m not seeing a subscription prompt on the page. Maybe it’s not optimized for iOS? Give it a shot and let me know if I’m just missing it.


https://tickets.starcinemagrill.net/newsletter



River Oaks Theater coming soon
Photo: John Barrett


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Whodunnit: “Knives Out”

The Zone of Interest and Anselm - The Banality of Evil and the Battle Against Forgetting

It's that time again: Oscar Season! And the Best Picture is....